Read this interesting article written by an ACC supporter and published in CORPUS Reports, May 2014: “In search of the Gay Clerical Voice” by James Ewens.
Articles and References: Women, Optional Celibacy, Canon Law and the Laity, Parish Closings and more
From ACC’s beginnings, we have collaborated with and relied on a free exchange of information with many reform groups. Many resources are available free on the websites of multiple reform groups. Some that were formative for ACC (especially in creating the toolkit for the first Listening Assemblies) are found on Elephants in the Living Room , Future Church and ARCC . You may download, reprint and use these materials as required. A few of these many resources are detailed here:
Alternatives to closing or merging parishes.
For detailed information about all aspects of dealing with parish situations, see Future Church’s resources.
Rights and Responsibilities of the Faithful (Canons 208-231)
- Canon 208 Fundamental Equality
- Canon 209 Obligations of Communion
- Canon 210 Holiness of Life
- Canon 211 Proclaiming the Gospel
- Canon 212 Obedience, Petition and Public Opinion
- Canon 213 Spiritual Assistance
- Canon 214 Worship and Spirituality
- Canon 215 Association and Assembly
- Canon 216 Apostolic Activity
- Canon 217 Christian Education
- Canon 218 Freedom in Sacred Sciences
- Canon 219 State in Life
- Canon 220 Reputation and Privacy
- Canon 221 Protection of Rights
- Canon 222 Support of the Church, Social Justice and Charity
- Canon 223 Limitation on Rights
- Canon 224 Obligations and Rights of Lay Persons
- Canon 225 Mission
- Canon 226 Marriage and Family Life
- Canon 227 Civil Liberties
- Canon 228 Official Positions
- Canon 229 Theological Formation
- Canon 230 Liturgical Functions
- Canon 231 Employment in the Church
The rule of celibacy for clergy in ancient and modern times.
- A Brief History of Celibacy in the Catholic Church
- Calls from Bishops, Priests and Laity Worldwide for both a married and celibate priesthood.
- Bishops’ Conference Discusses Priest Shortage
- 53 Diocese Study Reveals Most Priests Want Optional Celibacy Discussed
- Facts about the Priest Shortage, Optional Celibacy, and Women’s Roles in the Church
- Download (free): So All Can Be At the Table Education/Prayer Kit
- Download (free): Prayer service and Presentation on Optional Celibacy and the Eucharist
The role of women in the church in ancient and modern times.
- Mary of Magdala: Apostle to the Apostles:
Download a free brochure, prayer service and organizing kit
- Women Leaders in the Ministry of Paul
- Free downloadable resources
- Jesus and Women
- Women Officeholders in the Early Church
- New! Women Leaders in Early Christianity CD and Presenter’s Guide
- Lay Ecclesial Ministers in the Catholic Church
- Women Deacons: Why Are They Hiding the History?
- Women and the Word : Put Women Back in the Biblical Picture!
- Women and the Word Holy Week and Easter Resource Packet
- Women’s Leadership Survey Most Committed Parishioners Also Most Hopeful
- Celebrating Women Witnesses
- Special Teacher’s Edition of Celebrating Women Witnesses